On Tuesday 9/14 Apple is scheduled to release its latest operating system. iOS 15 is packed with new features that help you connect with others, be more present and at the moment, and do more with your iPhone than ever before!
Below are the Top 10 most helpful features.
- Share Your Screen – While in a FaceTime call, you can share anything on your screen, including photos, while seeing and talking to one another. This is brilliant for helping someone with their device remotely!
- Spatial Audio – While in a FaceTime call, individual voices come from the direction in which their image is positioned, helping conversations flow naturally. If you have trouble following the conversation in a video chat, this will help you tremendously!
- Mic Modes – Voice isolation technology allows for minimizing background noise while isolating voices. This is especially helpful if you have hearing challenges and there are competing noises.
- Shared With You – Now the links, images, and other content shared with you in Messages are featured in a new Shared With You Section. This solves the problem for those of us who can’t find the photos our daughter sent us!
- Photo Collections – Multiple photos in Messages now appear as a collage or a elegant stack of images you can swipe through. Tap to view them in an album and easily send them to your library!
- FaceTime With Anyone – Now you can send Aunt Gemma a link to join you on FaceTime even if she’s using Windows or Android. It’s still encrypted, private, and secure as any other FaceTime call.
- Live Text – This new feature allows you to make a call, send a photo, or look up directions with a tap on the highlighted text in a photo. You no longer have to take a photo and then enter the number. Also works in your camera by pointing your iPhone camera at text on the go and quickly making a call.
- Health App Updates – Apple’s most underrated App just got even better by giving you new ways to share your data with your loved ones and healthcare team. It also helps you assess your risk of falling.
- Portrait Mode – If you love this camera mode in photos, you can now enjoy it in videos, too. This beloved setting allows you to take a video effect and puts the focus on you, not what’s behind you.
- Hide My Email – You can now generate unique, random email addresses that forward to your inbox – so you don’t have to share your real email address when filling out a form or signing up for a newsletter. This is built into Mail, Safari, and iCloud Settings.
Please reach out with any questions! I can be reached at 480-544-7060.