According to the American Lung Association, 90% of Americans spend their time indoors and are unaware of the dust accumulating around them! ‘Tis the season to spring-clean, right – but we forget to apply this time-honored ritual to our precious devices. They desperately need refreshing, just like your dusty curtains.
Did you know – dust can jam and massively overheat your electronics? When I help clients, I see dust that causes tech issues you don’t want, such as clogged iPad speakers and gunky charging ports.
As the founder and CEO of Senior Savvy, I educate thousands weekly on the tech skills needed to connect in today’s world. Recently featured on The List TV, ABC News, and USA Today, I am sharing my expertise on five quick ways to spring clean your tech.
Here’s my list of five quick ways to spring-clean your tech today!
- Electronics dust spray – When you Swiffer the Levolor blinds, grab your can of Electronics dust spray and blast that spray behind your computer & under your mouse. Go to town – it’s that powerful.
- Keyboard Cleaner – Get last year’s lasagna out of the crevices of the “@” key with the keyboard brush.
- Take off your device case – Don’t just clean it. TAKE IT OFF, scrub it down & let it air dry. Better yet, get a new one in a bright color.
- Get a new screen protector – This will save you $$$ just like changing your air conditioning filter.
- Declutter your devices – Delete old apps you’re not using, clear your cache, and give your desktop a make-over.
I suggest tackling one tip a day, but I know you’re going to taskmaster through these in a New York minute!